Dusan Vasiljevic is international environmental policy, renewable energy and environmental & energy security expert and Master of Science of Electrical Engineering by education (ISCED 5/6), with very good insight to regional environmental and energy situation and with profound understanding of environmental, social, economic, political and related problems in Serbia and the region. He has been deeply involved in socio-environmental issues for more than 15 years and had the opportunity to develop, implement, manage and conduct a whole scale of different programs: from extensive networking, capacity building, public awareness rising, advocacy campaigning, up to work on strategic development of the institutional architecture, legislative documents for the national and international fora and versatile environmental and energy security expertise. On the other hand, performing the tasks of the OSCE Head of Economic and Environmental Department, he had the opportunity to manage complex programmes with multilateral stakeholders from the host country but also from the Region and International Community. The programs were designed primarily for the governments and governmental structures, however with strong emphasis on public, non-governmental organizations, media and local businesses involvement. He entered Media Reference Directory (REC) as an expert for the Environment and Health, Public Participation in decision-making process, Access to Environmental Information and Sustainable Development. He is also expert of Human Dynamics, Vienna, in the above fields as well as in environmental and Renewable Energy issues. He entered European Data Bank from Dortmund, Germany, as Sustainable Development Expert. He was a member of Energy and Climate Issue Group of the European ECO Forum and was involved in activities within ReREP for the implementation of Stability Pact guidelines. He was part of a number of international multilateral and bilateral negotiation processes and initiatives under the auspices of the OSCE.
He is the author of the unique legislative model implemented in Serbia 2001/2002 which was promoted throughout the whole OSCE area and among the participating states. He was the head of the team that created basic environmental legislative in Serbia in 2001/2002 and that introduced the Ministry of Environment and natural resources in 2001 and made the architecture of the Ministry for environment and spatial planning, re-established in 2007.
From 2009 he is engaged in renewable energy, energy efficiency and environmental projects but also in structural and strategic institutional and legislative issues concerning energy and environmental security.
He is corresponding member of the International Academy for Environment and Security, Sankt Petersburg, Russia.
He has a number of articles and interviews published in local and international media since 1991 to date, on issues concerning either environmental policy making, international relations, institution building, renewable energy and energy security, NGO sector, business sector or environmental technologies, etc…
1984 – date
Chief Executive (1989–1990); Branch Manager (1988–1989); Marketing Executive (1987-1988) JUGOTEHNA Import – Export, Belgrade, Serbia
- Secretary General – Chamber of Commerce of the Green Serbia (2014 – date)
- Head of Country office, FOCAL – Project Management Company (2011-date)
- Chairman, Western Balkans Consulting – Consultancy company (2010 – date)
- Advisor for the Environmental Affairs, Public Enterprise “Corridor 10” (2009-2010)
- Special Advisor to the Minister for Environment and Spatial planning, Republic of Serbia (2008-2009)
- Special Advisor to the Minister for Environmental protection, Republic of Serbia (2007-2008)
- Senior Environmental Expert, Louis Beger UK, London (2006-2007)
- Head of Economic and Environmental Department, OSCE Mission to Serbia (2001-2008)
- Special Ad-Hoc Advisor to the interim FRY Government for the International environmental affairs (2000-2001)
- ECHO/Donor Liaison Officer, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC –Geneva) – Belgrade delegation (1999-2000)
- Agency Division Corporate Director, YUGOINTROP, Belgrade, Serbia (1998-1999)
- Managing Director, ECOLOGIS Ltd. , Belgrade, Serbia (1993-1998)
- Corporate Manager (Verona Representative Office with Seeley International – Australia; 1991-1992)
- Managing Director, DE COMMERCE Corporation, Belgrade, Serbia (1990-1991)