Secretary General of the Nizami Ganjavi International Center
Fellow of the World Academy of Art and Sciences
Born in 1987 Rovshan Muradov studied at State Economic University/Azerbaijan and graduated with a master in International Economic Relations. Later been accepted for the doctorate at State Economic University/Azerbaijan. Periodically attended courses at Cambridge College Boston/USA, Sterling University Edinburgh/UK, University of Georgia Tbilisi/Georgia. 2007 He was nominated to represent Republic of Azerbaijan at United Nations General Assembly as a youth delegate and the only delegate serving for 4 years period. Founder of the first and the biggest Student Youth Organization in the Republic of Azerbaijan with 17,000 student members.
Different years had internships at Ministry of Foreign Affairs “UN and Democratization Department”, Ministry of Communication and Information Technologies “International Relations and International Protocol Department”, State Committee on work with Diaspora “Work with Youth NGO’s Department”.
Gave lectures in 2011-2012 years at State Economic University/Azerbaijan and Cooperation University/Azerbaijan. Participated at international scientific conferences in Tbilisi, Bucharest, London, Istanbul, Alexandria and Warsaw. Published several books dedicated to the economical situation of Caucasus Region, as well as cultural and historical view to Azerbaijan.
From August 2007 until end of 2012 he worked as a Country coordinator, later International Advisory Board Member of the Youth Employment Summit International Organization based in Massachusetts, USA.
29/30 September 2012 Rovshan Muradov become a founding Secretary General of the Nizami Ganjavi International Center, a leading international cultural organization based in Baku, Azerbaijan aimed to promote Dialogue, Understanding, Learning and Tolerance.
May 2014, by the Executive Committee of the World Academy of Art and Sciences been elected as a Fellow of this prestigious institution. The aims of the Academy are to contribute to the progress of global civilization, human welfare, the enhancement of world order, peace, the sustainable development of the planet and the realization of human dignity through transnational studies, operational projects, appraisals and recommendations made in an objective manner and from a global point of view; and to function as a transnational forum for interdisciplinary discussion of art and science and the social consequences and policy implications of knowledge.
Rovshan Muradov attend major global events as:
• Democracy and Human Rights in Decline? A Call to Action CdM Meeting 2014 Florence, Italy
• Concordia Meeting 2014 New York, USA
• Societies that Work. Jobs for Inclusive Growth. A Call to the G-20, CdM Meeting 2013 Brisbane, Australia
• Clinton Global Initiative Meeting 2013 New York, USA
• Harnessing 21st Century Solutions: A Focus on Women. CdM Meeting 2012, Arkansas, USA
• UN General Assembly 2007/2011 New York, USA
• 10 years anniversary of Palermo Convention 2011 Luxor, Egypt • End Human Trafficking Now Conference, 2010 Manama, Bahrain.
• Global Humanitarian Forum 2009, Geneva, Switzerland
• Youth Speak we Listen, International Youth Forum 2007 Shram El-Sheikh, Egypt
• Youth Employment Summit 2006 Nairobi, Kenya
• World Youth Congress 2005, Edinburgh, UK
Rovshan Muradov played active role in organizing:
• “Rebuilding Trust in Wider Europe” High Level Meeting of the Nizami Ganjavi IC and Club de Madrid 4-7 September 2014 Andorra
• New Paradigm Consortium Meeting Baku, Azerbaijan (Nizami Ganjavi IC, Club de Madrid, Club of Rome, Green Cross International, World Future Council, UNESCO, Library of Alexandria, Partnership for Change)
• II Global Shared Societies Forum on Post 2015 Sustainable Development Agenda Baku, Azerbaijan 2014 (Nizami Ganjavi IC, Club de Madrid, Library of Alexandria, State Committee on work with Diaspora, Republic of Azerbaijan, World Academy of Art and Sciences)
• II High Level Meeting on Post 2015 Sustainable Development Agenda; Measuring Shared Societies Athens, Greece 2014 (Nizami Ganjavi International Center, Club de Madrid and Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation)
• I High Level Meeting, Framing Debate for the Shared Societies Baku, Azerbaijan 2013 (Nizami Ganjavi IC and Club de Madrid)
• I South Caucasus Forum, Baku. Azerbaijan 2013 organized by the Nizami Ganjavi IC and the Club de Madrid
• 870th anniversary of Nizami Ganjavi, great Azerbaijan poet. Ganja, Azerbaijan 2012
• 4thYouth Employment Summit, Baku. Azerbaijan 2008
Fluent in English, Russian, Turkish