Sava Sajko, born in Belgrade 1983, is an independent TV&documentary producer, NGO activist and former Olympic triathlon champion of Yugoslavia and SCG.
Sava started his career at FOX TV Serbia as a presenter. After successfully completing several projects, he established his own company in 2009. One of his first projects as an independent producer was documentary series about ordinary people who had done something remarkable for their community and serve as a good social example. Project named “Moj Heroj” (My Hero), was about human virtues, courage, knowledge and success. Series were broadcasted on Serbian National Broadcasting Company (RTS), Radio Television of Republic of Srpska (RTRS) as well as on Federal TV (FTV). In 2015 he established similar project in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia and produced regional series “Dobro u ljudima” (Intrinsic Good). This serial is broadcasted on CNN’s affiliate TV, N1.
In 2014 he produced the first ever made animated documentary about Michael Pupin - one of the greatest scientists of all times. Because of the educational and motivational mission of the film, Sava decided to distribute film within Serbia’s educational system as well as on Serbian National Broadcasting Company (RTS) for free. Documentary reached an audience of more than 1.1 million. This fact encouraged him to take larger steps on the well-known ground and to create an animated documentary about Michael Pupin’s in English and for the global audience. This new project is named “Toward the Light” and it was recognized by UNESCO’s initiative to celebrate 2015 as International Year of Light.
Sava graduated from University of Belgrade in 2006, majoring history and art of ancient Byzantium. He is founder and the member of Governing board of Treća Srbija political party and serves as the Executive Director at “Tesla Centar” - Belgrade based NGO, dedicated on promoting science, sustainable development and education.
· Name: Sava Sajko
· Date of birth: June 24th 1983
· Place of birth: Belgrade, Serbia
Education and Courses:
· Bachelor with honors in History of Arts degree, University of Belgrade
· Sports Lyceum, Belgrade
· Primary Music school „V. Djordjevic”, Belgrade (classic guitar major)
· “Ethnic and Religious Communities in the Promotion of Human Rights”, Regional school of Tolerance organized by the Centre for Religious Studies, 2010
· Reporter – Backpack Journalist, company internal training within FOX TV Serbia, 2007
· „Impact of Global Crisis on Stability and Security in the Balkans“, South-East European Summer School for Democracy organized by the Hellenic Observatory of the London School of Economics and Political Science and the Anglo – Serbian Society, 2009
· „Public Relations – strategies and tactics“, New Leaders Business Development Program for Young Professionals and Students organized by the British Council in Belgrade, 2008
· „Marketing“, course organized by WEA (Workers‟ Educational Association of South Australia), 2003
Scholarships and awards:
· Scholarship from the Ministry of Education and Sport for academic results and sport achievements Jan 2003 – Dec 2006
· 2nd degree Medal of Honor from Russian Cultural Centre Belgrade for the essay, “The work of N.P. Krasnov in Kingdom of SCS / Yugoslavia” (Russia in world history, politics and culture), 2005
· Regular Grand Lodge of Serbia M.P. medal for remarkable contribution in public promotion of education, science and culture, 2015
· Professional athlete - Serbian National Triathlon Team 2002 – 2007
· Silver medal – World Aquathlon Championship, Age Group 20 - 24 (Lausanne , 2006)
· Silver medal, Balkan Championship, Elite (Dojran Lake, 2006)
· Bronze medal - European Olympic Triathlon Championship, Age Group 20 - 24 (Lausanne, 2004)
· Winner of VII Belgrade swimming marathon (Ada Ciganlija lake, 2003)
· Winner of University Nat. Championship in half marathon (Novi Sad, 2004)
· National and Balkan Champion in triathlon, Junior and U23 category (2001 – 2006)
· Member of Serbian-French Friendship Association “Helene d’Anjou” since 2004
· Founder and member of Governing board at Belgrade Triathlon Union, since 2006
· Founder and member of Governing board of Treća Srbija political party, since 2013
· Centar Tesla NGO, since 2015
· English – proficient user (C1), TOEFL IBT score: 98 of 120
· French – independent user (B1), CCF Belgrade Certificate